The autumn 2022 issue of the ECMWF Newsletter is now available. As well as news about ECMWF staff and events, it features articles about new developments and the use that can be made of ECMWF products.
- Predicting the heat over western Europe in the summer of 2022
- Aeolus positive impact on forecasts with the second reprocessed dataset
- The next extended-range configuration for IFS Cycle 48r1
- A new way of computing semi-Lagrangian advection in the IFS
- Using genetic algorithms to tune the Copernicus Climate and Atmosphere Data Stores
A PDF version and a web version of the Newsletter are available.
The ECMWF Newsletter is published quarterly.
Previous issues are available on the Newsletter publications page. On that page you can also subscribe to email alerts for Newsletters.