The winter 2019/20 issue of the ECMWF Newsletter is now available. As well as news about ECMWF staff and events, it features articles about new developments and the use that can be made of ECMWF products.
- Challenges in forecasting Hurricane Lorenzo
- Progress towards assimilating cloud radar and lidar observations
- Recent developments in the automatic checking of Earth system observations
- New products for the Global Flood Awareness System
- Metview’s Python interface opens new possibilities
- Unlocking the hidden value of machine data to improve ECMWF’s services
A PDF version and a web version of the Newsletter are available.
The ECMWF Newsletter is published quarterly.
Previous issues are available on the Newsletter publications page.