Research Department, Earth System Assimilation Section, Infrared Radiance Observations Group
Chris Burrows is currently working on the assimilation of infrared radiance observations from geostationary satellites. His work involves assessing the quality of data from new satellites prior to assimilating their data and optimising their use in global data assimilation. Recent developments include accounting for correlated observation errors and slant-path radiative transfer.
Chris is on secondment from the Met Office.
- Assimilation of geostationary infrared radiance observations.
- Validation of observation data.
- Optimising the assimilation methodology, including the diagnosis and specification of observation errors.
- GNSS radio occultation.
- 2017-Present: EUMETSAT Research Fellow working on the assimilation of radiance observations from geostationary satellites.
- 2010-2017: Scientist as the Met Office working on the assimilation of GNSS radio occultation data.