The autumn 2019 issue of the ECMWF Newsletter is now available. As well as news about ECMWF staff and events, it features articles about new developments and the use that can be made of ECMWF products.
- This year's European heatwaves
- Recent progress in all-sky radiance assimilation
- Use of ERA5 reanalysis to initialise re-forecasts proves beneficial
- Use of super-site observations to evaluate near-surface temperature forecasts
- WEkEO DIAS moves towards operational release
The ECMWF Newsletter is published quarterly.
Previous issues are available on the Newsletter publications page.