Sébastien joined ECMWF in October 2015 to work in the Products Team within the Forecast Department.
- maintenance/administration/data design for the meteorological archive MARS
- member of the ECMWF Data Governance Board
- ECMWF representative at WMO Inter-Programme Expert Team on Codes Maintenance (IPET-CM)
- ECMWF representative at WMO Task Team GRIB (TT-GRIB)
- Archive and storage management and administration
- Data design and curation
- Meteorological format (GRIB, netCDF, etc.)
- Dataset consolidation
Sébastien Villaume completed his PhD in October 2005 on “Electronic Spectroscopy and
Photochemistry of Small Transition Metal Complexes Studied via Coupled Cluster
calculations and Wave packet Propagation” at the University Of Strasbourg, France. He then became a Lecturer at the University of Strasbourg teaching Quantum Chemistry, Spectroscopies and programming. In 2006, he moved to Sweden to complete two postdoctoral research projects focusing on excited state aromaticity, molecular electronics and Theoretical spectroscopy. In 2011, he joined the Swedish Met service (SMHI) to work as a scientific programmer and administrator of the local MARS archive. Since October 2015, Sebastien is working at ECMWF.
Sébastien Villaume is the author of 18 articles in international peer-reviewed journals. His main contributions are concerned with spectroscopies and photo-induced processes in transition metal complexes, assessment of a new index to measure aromaticity, notably used for excited state aromaticity, and the development of a novel formulation of molecular response theory with applications in molecular electronics.
- Vahlberg C, Linares M, Villaume S, Norman P, Uvdal K (March 2011) Noradrenaline and a Thiol Analogue on Gold Surfaces: An Infrared Reflection-Absorption Spectroscopy, X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy, and Near-Edge X-ray Absorption Fine Structure Spectroscopy Study, Journal of Physical Chemistry C n. 1, pp. 165-175. DOI: 10.1021/jp105696j
- Villaume S, Saue T, Norman P (March 2010) Linear complex polarization propagator in a four-component Kohn-Sham framework, Journal of Chemical Physics n. 6. DOI: 10.1063/1.3461163
- VILLAUME S, EKSTROM U, OTTOSSON H, NORMAN P (March 2010) Near sulfur L-edge X-ray absorption spectra of methanethiol in isolation and adsorbed on a Au(111) surface: a theoretical study using the four-component static exchange approximation, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics n. 21, pp. 5596-5604. DOI: 10.1039/b926109e
- VILLAUME S, NORMAN P (March 2010) On Circular Dichroism and the Separation Between Chromophore and Chiral Center: The Near Carbon K-Edge X-ray Absorption and Circular Dichroism Spectra of Noradrenaline and L-DOPA, Chirality n. 1E, pp. E13-E19. DOI: 10.1002/chir.20763
- VILLAUME S, OTTOSSON H (March 2009) Aromaticity Changes along the Lowest-Triplet-State Path for C=C Bond Rotation of Annulenyl-Substituted Olefins Probed by the Electron Localization Function, JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY A n. 44, pp. 12304-12310. DOI: 10.1021/jp904335j
- Villaume Sebastien, Ottosson Henrik (March 2009) Aromaticity changes along the lowest-triplet-state path for C=C bond rotation of annulenyl-substituted olefins probed by the electron localization function., J Phys Chem A n. 44, pp. 12304-10.
- COSTA PJ, CALHORDA MJ, VILLAUME S, et al. (March 2008) Photoinduced bond cleavage in CH3ReO3: excited state dynamics, NEW JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY n. 11, pp. 1904-1909. DOI: 10.1039/b800585k
- VILLAUME S, FOGARTY HA, OTTOSSON H (March 2008) Triplet-state aromaticity of 4n pi-electron monocycles: Analysis of bifurcation in the pi contribution to the electron localization function, CHEMPHYSCHEM n. 2, pp. 257-264. DOI: 10.1002/cphc.200700540
- VILLAUME S, STRICH A, DANIEL C, et al. (March 2007) A coupled cluster study of the electronic spectroscopy and photochemistry of Cr(CO)(6), PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY CHEMICAL PHYSICS n. 46, pp. 6115-6122. DOI: 10.1039/b709050a
- AMBROSEK D, VILLAUME S, DANIEL C, et al. (March 2007) Photoactivity and UV absorption spectroscopy of RCo(CO)(4) (R = H, CH3) organometallic complexes, JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY A n. 22, pp. 4737-4742. DOI: 10.1021/jp0704259
- VILLAUME S, STRICH A, PERERA SA, et al. (March 2007) Structure, spectra, and rearrangement mechanism of PH2F3: Revisiting a classic problem in structural inorganic chemistry, JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY A n. 11, pp. 2220-2228. DOI: 10.1021/jp065362t
- Villaume Sebastien, Strich Alain, Ndoye Cherif A, Daniel Chantal, Perera S Ajith, Bartlett Rodney J (March 2007) Theoretical study of the electronic structure of MCH(2)(+)(M=Fe,Co,Ni)., J Chem Phys n. 15, pp. 154318.
- VILLAUME S, STRICH A, NDOYE CA, et al. (March 2007) Theoretical study of the electronic structure of MCH2+(M=Fe,Co,Ni), JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS n. 15. DOI: 10.1063/1.2710259
- AMBROSEK D, VILLAUME S, GONZALEZ L, et al. (March 2006) A multi state-CASPT2 vs. TD-DFT study of the electronic excited states of RCo(CO)(4) (R = H, CH3) organometallic complexes, CHEMICAL PHYSICS LETTERS n. 4-6, pp. 545-549. DOI: 10.1016/j.cplett.2005.10.056
- Bossert J, Villaume S, Strich A, Daniel C, Simos T, Maroulis G (March 2006) From small organometallics to large metal-to-ligand-charge-transfer complexes: Excited states quantum chemistry, Recent Progress in Computational Sciences and Engineering, Vols 7a and 7b, pp. 1289.
- Daniel C., Amor N.B., Villaume S., Maynau D. (March 2006) The electronic spectroscopy of transition metal carbonyls: The tough case of Cr(CO)/sub 6/, Chemical Physics Letters, pp. 378-82. DOI: 10.1016/j.cplett.2006.02.002
- VILLAUME S, DANIEL C (March 2005) Emission spectroscopy of metal-to-ligand-charge-transfer states of HRe(CO)(3)(H-dab), model system for alpha-diimine rhenium tricarbonyl complexes, COMPTES RENDUS CHIMIE n. 9-10, pp. 1453-1460. DOI: 10.1016/j.crci.2004.10.037
- VILLAUME S, DANIEL C, STRICH A, et al. (March 2005) Quantum chemical study of the electronic structure of NiCH2+ in its ground state and low-lying electronic excited states, JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS n. 4. DOI: 10.1063/1.1834897