This project has ended | 2012 - 2014
Core-Climax (COordinating Earth observation data validation for RE-analysis for CLIMAte ServiceS) is an EU-funded Coordination Activity. Its goal is to identify available climate observations, which can be reconciled with previously existing data records, to form long time series suitable for climate research.
Specific objectives are:
- Co-ordinate with ongoing activities in Europe relevant for the development of Copernicus Climate Change Services (GCOS activities, EU Framework Programme projects, ESA CCI projects, EUMETSAT activities including its SAF network and EUMETNET as part of the European Meteorological Infrastructure);
- Propose a structured process for delivering ECV products through the stepped and quality controlled elaboration of CDR, the latter being derived from prioritisation of the most appropriate input data sets;
- Propose a validation process aiming at qualifying the accuracy of the climate variables;
- Propose a feedback mechanism ensuring that the results of the reanalysis process get appropriately reflected into updates of the CDR;
- Propose a process to compare reanalyses.
- See the Core-Climax home page for more information.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Framework Programme under grant agreement number 313085.