The winter 2017/18 issue of the ECMWF Newsletter is now available. As well as news about ECMWF staff and events, it features articles about new developments and the use that can be made of ECMWF products.
- New products for precipitation type probabilities
- ECMWF's new long-range forecasting system SEAS5
- Why warm conveyor belts matter in NWP
- Ocean coupling in tropical cyclone forecasts
- Using EC-Earth for climate prediction research
A PDF version of the winter issue and a web version are available in the eLibrary.
The ECMWF Newsletter is published quarterly.
Previous issues are available on the media resources page.