The module will start on Monday 13 October at 9.15 and finish Friday
17 October at 16.00.
This year an additional course is organised for participants from WMO
National Meteorological and Hydrological Services which are not ECMWF
Member States or Co-operating States. There has been several requests
for such a course to be organised following the recent extension of the
list of products made available by ECMWF for WMO NMHS, both in numerical
and graphical format (www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/
). The third session of the MET-OP training course will therefore
- An overview of ECMWF operational and research activities
- An overview of products made available to WMO NMHS (including ensembles
of medium-range and seasonal forecasts)
- Information about the monitoring of observations received from WMO
NMHS by ECMWF and used by the 4D-Var data assimilation.
- Lectures on the use and interpretation of medium range and seasonal
- Presentations on products developed recently as a guidance for early
warnings of severe weather (ensembles of Tropical Cyclone tracks, probabilities
of severe wind gusts or large rainfall)
Practical sessions where participants will be given the opportunity to
use the products for selected case studies.