- Hotel accomodation
- Directions and information on public transport
Visits to ECMWF must be agreed in writing in advance. ECMWF has no facilities
for casual visitors.
For contact details see here.
There are some conveniently located hotels in the Reading town centre. See for example:
Detailed travel instructions
- ECMWF is about 70 KM west of Central London, 50 KM west of Heathrow
airport, or 5 KM south of Central Reading.
- Car travellers use the map below. Exit from the M4 at junction
11, take the B3270 for 1 KM, turn left on to the A327. ECMWF is on the
- If you are arriving from HEATHROW airport take a Rail Air Link bus
to READING STATION. Buses depart every half hour, journey time about
60 minutes. Tickets can be bought online or at the ticket office at the station.
- If you are arriving from GATWICK airport take a train to READING STATION.
Fast trains depart once an hour, journey time about 75 minutes.
- If you are arriving from CENTRAL LONDON, take a train from PADDINGTON
STATION to READING STATION, journey time about 30 minutes (See
- If you are arriving via EUROSTAR (St Pancras International Station), take the Underground
(Circle line or Hammersmith & City line) to PADDINGTON
STATION and proceed as above.
take take the Victoria line to Oxford Circus, then the Bakerloo line to WATERLOO STATION (or catch the bus - number 59). From WATERLOO STATION take a local train to READING STATION via Wokingham
(See timetable here). Trains
depart every half an hour, journey time about 75 minutes.
- The quickest way from READING STATION to ECMWF is by taxi.
- Reading Buses run bus No. 9 between Reading General Station
and Shinfield Road at regular intervals during day time, with restricted
service on Sundays (See timetable
here). Note that to go back to the town centre, the nearest bus stop is just past the Whitley Wood Road.
The Wokingham bus service no. 144 runs between Reading General Station and Wokingham via the Shinfield Road (stop at "Shinfield Park,
Weather Centre") - see further information here.
N.B.: When buying a ticket on the bus you must have the exact change.